Me Blog Photo Reel Sweet Nothings Ask Me Get in Touch

Best Products for those of us growing older gracefully….

Now when I was asked to do a blog for 'older skin' I was quite taken a back, one because the lady asking me was in fact my aunt who isn't even old, and secondly when I look at a person that is of an age, I don't look at them and think, god your old, I think god your beautiful and you look amazing! What are your secrets???

The older generations nowadays are so beautiful with great skin, both my nana and my grandma have amazing skin!!! If I look like either of them when I'm in my 70's I will be more than happy!

I think a lot of it is to do with your gene MAKEUP, rather than the actual MAKEUP and products you apply in your younger years, but for those of you that want quick fixes, here are some products I have found to work wonders at filling in fine lines and wrinkles that probably are only visible to you :)

One thing I will say is moisturise every day!! This will keep your skin supple and hydrated, which may give you a head start and may prevent age setting in as quickly.

So facially, I have done a few 'older ladies' makeups and I have found that they LOVE my Garnier Essentials Rose moisturiser, so stick with this if you have followed my previous recommendations.

I would also recommend one of my newer products that I have purchased by Fashionista, it is called vanishing cream, and it is supposed to re-texturise skin, filling in fine lines and pores. It went missing out of my Makeup box recently and I found it on my mothers dressing table…I asked why it was there and she said oh well you don't have wrinkles (neither does she) but I asked if she liked it and she said she LOVED it, so I let her keep it and I bought another, it is also soooo cheap at the minute £3 instead of £10, AMAZING.



Foundation wise, I think one with a sheer finish is lovely on older skin, it gives a soft glow to the skin, making it look hydrated, and youthful! I would recommend Bobbi Browns Skin Foundation, this is a truly modern foundation that provides its user with a lovely flawless coverage, filling in any fine lines and hiding pores!

Powder wise, I wouldn't recommend using powder, as it may lie in the 'creases' which won't give you a desirable look, try and stick to cream based products so that your face keeps hydrated.
For your eyes, try and avoid shimmery shadows, use matt shadows, a lighter shadow on the lid itself, and a slightly darker shadow in the crease to enhance the socket of your eye, if you do want a bit of shimmer, then this is absolutely fine, I'd advise using a light shimmer though, so that it illuminates your eye, making it look bright, and awake!
The benefit big beautiful eyes pallete would be perfect! It contains a light shadow, a darker shadow, and a shimmery light shadow!!





Mascara again is about preference, but a smaller brush may be easier to use especially if your lashes aren't as long as they used to be! One I have recently come across that I will be purchasing as the brush is perfect for the bottom lashes is one by Givenchy, the brush is round, enabling you to get right to the lash line, ensuring all of your lashes are covered.




Eyebrows, again I am a massive fan of keeping your eyebrows groomed at all times, even when i'm at work on the sewer works I maintain my eyebrows, Pencil is best or shadow, try espresso from MAC thats a lovely sublet brown shade, or get your hands on a grey pencil, I know bobbi brown do one!

For your lips, a liner is essential to ensure feathering of the lipstick doesn't occur…My faveeee lip liner that is quite a neutral colour so will work with most shades of lipstick is one by Art Deco, in sensual teak. Then apply your favourite lippy, and your good to go!!!!

Finallllyyyyy I have recently seen this product that I am desperate to get, and I've mentioned it to my mum and she wants it for Christmas, so I haven't used it yet, but it looks incredible, so if you purchase it then let me know how it works for you, or whether its a gimmick, and if you want to wait till I buy it I will be reviewing it in the New Year, the product is a setting spray by Skindinavia called 10 years younger, you apply it after your makeup and suddenly your 30 again!!!!
Now I hope this blog has been helpful, but please remember you are beautiful no matter what age you are, I am looking forward to growing old gracefully (I hope) and like I said before if I look anything like my Gran or my Nan then I will be a happy Lady!!!!

Any questions please feel free to get in touch, and any questions please ask, Enjoy!!!

Lots of Love

Alex 

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment