Me Blog Photo Reel Sweet Nothings Ask Me Get in Touch

Get the Capitol Look - The Girl on Fire, Hunger Games Tribute!!!





I LOVE The Hunger Games film, and I am so excited about the release of the newest one on the 21st November! The books are also brilliant, but I do love the film for its visual qualities, and you can finally put faces to the characters! :)


This MakeUp Look was created with Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss Everdeen in mind...The Girl on Fire is an image that represents, strong, powerful, influential, independant women! She is effortlessly beautiful, and this look reflects the image she takes on when she is presenting herself in the 'celebrations' during the run up to The Hunger Games!


This look would be perfect for you die hard fans going to premieres of the film, even those of you who wish to be extravagant when viewing the film in your local cinemas :)


It also could be re-created if attending a fancy dress party! This blog will take you through the steps in creating this look, listing the tools and products used!! 


Firstly let me just say the main product I used during this look was the bronze pigment, from MAC, now this will create fall, there will be pigment everywhere!! So put a towel down and have sticky tape handy so that the fall can eaily be removed!! 


All you need to do for this look is apply your regular face makeup! Paying particular attention to contouring!!! I contoured quite alot for this look, using my Kryolan Pallette, contour your cheekbones, jawline, eyesockets, nose and temples!!!


Fix your foundation with powder, and then we will begin applying the pigment!!


The areas in which I applied the pigment to was the lips, the eyebrows, the cheekbones, collar bones and eyes/lashes!


I worked from the top of the head down to ensure I didn't smudge any of the pigment already applied!!


Eyebrows...Bronze eyebrows should always be allowed!!! I painted the eyebrows first using a bronze gel liner from MAC using any flat, small brush! My lip brush from Crown Brushes came in handy here. I then placed the pigment over the eyebrows, pressing the pigment into the gel to make it stick!! 


I lined the eyes using the tiny eyeliner brushes from Crown, with the same gel liner, and repeated the process, the gel liner provided me with adhesion for the pigment to stick on to, it didn't budge once applied! 


I took a set of eyelashes and applied DUO eyelash glue on to the actual lashes, I then sprinkled pigment onto the lashes, this looked extremely effective! Adding to the look!


For the cheekbones/collar bones, they were already contoured to a high degree using my ELF concealer brush, and D15 Kroylan camouflage creme! I took my fan brush from ELF, and dusted the pigment over the apple of the cheeks and sweeped it out in a C shape movement to the centre of the forehead!!!


For the lips I again applied using my Lip brush from Crown Brushes, the Gel Liner from MAC, applying plenty of product ensured that it didnt dry out quickly, meaning the pigment stuck to it with ease!!


You need to work relatively quickly when creating this look, as you are relying on the pigment sticking to the gel liner, you can build the pigment up, just keep applying it over itself, in layers until you achieve the desired pigment coverage! Placing and pressing these products will give you the best results! Blending is not key in this situation as you will just move the pigment around, and this will not allow you to achieve what we have set out to! 


This look can be adapted, different pigment colours can be used, have fun with these pigments, they are so versatile!!! As I said this look is easy, it just requires a bit of quick precision when your working with these mediums! But once done it will look truly effective!

Remember to put mascara on aswell as your false lashes, to make them look more natural, buff and blend your face makeup so that it is flawless, and keep the sticky tape handy to enable you to remove any of the unwanted pigment drop!!!


Any questions please comment, and ask!! 


Blogs coming soon include one on eyebrows, and one on older skin (requested by someone who doesnt even have old skin :S )


Enjoy!!!


Lots of Love 


Alex 

No comments:

Post a Comment