Me Blog Photo Reel Sweet Nothings Ask Me Get in Touch

Snow Queen Shoot :)

What an amazing day we had….So festive, so creative, so brilliant!!

Now I know this isn't something you guys may create often, but if your feeling artistic, or inspired then be sure to try out this look, as it is relatively simple, and easy to carry out and the results are so effective! Fancy dress, themed party, this would be great for :)

So I created two looks for this shoot, one more traditional Snow Queen look, and the other was slightly less 'classic'



The first look I created focused on the White Lashes from Eldora Lashes, they were the centre of the look!

For the Face I used MAC Studio Fix mixed with MAC Lustre drops, although a foundation that I am loving at the moment, which is so similar to the MAC one is one by Fashionista, and its £3!!!! Insane!

Mixing the lustre drops with your foundation will give you a beautiful subtle glow, which looks incredible in editorial/fashion shoots!

I then powdered down the face using MUA's translucent powder, contoured slightly using my Dermacolour pallet and then got on with the eyes!

I used my NYX white milk stick all over the lid, upto the brow to give me a white base to work with!

I then applied a pale shadow - MAC's Jest all over the lid up to the brow, giving the illusion of a larger lid!

I applied White Mascara from Stargazers to the top and bottom lashes, using a flat tipped brush to ensure maximum coverage of the natural darker shades of the lashes!

I then applied my lashes, prior to application I did enhance the lashes slightly using glitter, and small bits of iridescent 'snow' just to add interest to them! I applied the glitter and snow using my Crown Brush Silicon Applicator and eyelash/glitter glue :)

I also took my pink blusher in Nymph from Illamasqua, and applied using a crease brush, into the crease of the eye, and on the apples of the cheeks!

For the Lips, I took my pink blusher mentioned above, and lined the lips with a pencil shader, and filled them in using MAC's Vanilla Pigment, putting some gloss in the centre of the lip to add extra lustre!!!



Then the fun bit…I took my eyelash glue/glitter fix gel, and applied them to the face where I saw fit to have glitter/snow (everywhere) and got to work sticking the bits in place, I also took the interest down onto the neck!

The final thing I did was to dust off any unwanted glitter, using my ELF Fan Brush, and Sticky tape if it were required, and I then took my vanilla pigment and highlighted the centre of the nose, the bow of the lips, the cheekbones slightly and the brow bones!!!

I could have continued adding and adding but we were on a schedule, so I put the hair up in a classic bun, incorporated some of our lovely sprayed thistles, put my model in front of the camera and got on with look two!

Now the second look originally was going to be the 'unique/different' one but it turned out more classic than the one mentioned above!



I used for this second look, a foundation by maybelline 'touch of fit' which was a shade darker than the models skin, but this was the idea, no line was visible on her neck due to me covering her neck in Glitter (YAY)

I applied the foundation all over the face, down onto the neck, concealed slightly using my MAC Studio Fix concealer, contoured quite heavily using my dermacolour pallete, this was also intentional, as it was going to provide a base for the cheek interest!

The cheeks were contoured and highlighted using pigments, I used the Bronze Copper Sparkle MAC pigment on her cheeks, blending it into the face makeup, no definitive line is desired!

I then took my light blue/dark blue/silver glitter, and covered her in glitter :) My fave!!! Using my Crown Brush Applicator, and the Glitter Fix gel from Stargazers I applied the glitter to the cheek bones, the hair line, I used the glitter to structure the face, the jaw and then down again onto the neck!!


I then created a simple smokey eye on the lid, applied mascara to the lashes, and stuck my Eldora H160 lashes in place, these lashes are my favourite used to date, they really are lovely, natural, flirty! AMAZING

I groomed the brows, gelling them into place, and then moved onto the lips, again I took my blue, freshwater MAC eyeshadow, and lined the lip line with the pencil shader, taking my vanilla pigment into the centre of the lips, and again adding gloss to the centre to add extra lustre!!!

Finally I applied more dustings of snow and glitter, into the hair, and I applied some glitter to the tips of the lashes!!




I put the hair up in a sophisticated yet messy updo, put sprayed thistles in her hair, and again placed my model in front of the camera…..

Any unwanted glitter is easily dealt with! Just have sticky tape on hand :) Oh and dry shampoo to help make the hair grey! :)




If you have any questions about anything to do with this look, then do ask, brushes specifically used, techniques etc! Ask Away!!!


Till next time…

Lots of Love

Alex

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment