Me Blog Photo Reel Sweet Nothings Ask Me Get in Touch

Eye's Must have's





Part 3 of 5 of the 5 Must have's this winter! :)

Eye's


Essentially Eye MakeUp is applied to the eye, to enhance, frame and generally alter the overall appearance of the natural state of our eyes!
For example, I rarely go out in public, unless I'm hiding behind my glasses, without lathering my lashes with Mascara, now this is because I'm fair, and if I didn't my eyes would look extremely sunken into my head! Mascara..fixes this slight imperfection in a matter of seconds!!!

Now my 5 essential Eye Products...this is a difficult one because again it depends on the look you are going for, however sticking with our natural, warm, wintery theme, I'd say minimalist on the eyes is most suited to this look.


For this I think the Benefit Beautiful Eyes kit, is a must have, or the Urban Decay Naked Basic Palette, they both contain a range of eyeshadows that will allow you to achieve a variety of different looks from natural to smokey. They contains both contain the 3 main shades of eye shadow, a light beige colour, a medium taupe/brown colour, and a darker brown, which would be used for accentuation, and darkening of the socket (contouring).


Other colour eye shadows suitable for this look would be, 


The smokey look is not what we are trying to achieve here, so although I am listing rather brown, dark shadows, these will literally just be used on the lash line, or in the crease, to bring a slight definition to the eye, with most of the eyelid being covered, in a soft pale beige colour, enhancing the shape of the eye.


These really are the everyday colours I would use, I wouldn't necessarily use full shadow on the eye lid, more often than not, I will just take a fine eye liner brush, dampening it slightly, and take a dark brown shadow, or you could even purchase a brown gel liner, and apply that along the lash line, with a slight flick at the end, this really will do the job of defining the eye, yet keeping within the natural day to day look we are going for! Using our 5 Must Have's, smudging the liner applied with a small chisel brush (Crown Brushes) with some eyeshadow, so that the eyeliner applied isnt a sharp line. 


Mascara...As I said, I will quite happily go out without any MakeUp on, as long as I have Mascara on, and if I do happen to step out of the house without it, the glasses will be firmly in place! 


I envy all you ladies out there, who are so so so fortunate to be dark haired, and as a result have the lovely luscious brown/black lashes! My lashes are stupidly long as well, but because they are on the brink of white, they never get showed off properly unless Mascara is applied, soo yes basically Mascara is a god send, and my FAVOURITE is, Scandal Eyes!


I actually could name 3 Mascaras that I would recommend, if you have long, heavy eyelashes like me, then I often find it difficult to source Mascaras that don't just sit on my lashes, and fail to do anything to the shape! As again I'm one of the unfortunate ones who's lashes don't curl naturally, so a mascara that lifts and curls is a must, and these 3 mascaras do just that! :)




All 3 give my lashes a volume, colour and thickness boost! Which is basically the three essential things I look for in a Mascara, so whether you have fine, short lashes, or long thick lashes, these mascaras will suit each and every one of you! 

Last but by no means least, get yourself an eyebrow pencil, or a shadow that is a similar colour to your brows that will enhance them naturally, and frame your entire face! I only started defining my brows a couple of years ago, I was never confident enough to make them darker, thicker, or however you may enhance them personally! But now...God I feel naked if my eyebrows aren't a feature on my face! MAC pencils are great, but I think my favourite is a MUA brow pencil, and their brow kit is also AMAZING and for £3.50 you can' argue! :)


,So my 5 essential Eye Products, in order of importance would have to be...Mascara (definitely), Brown/Black gel liner, Dark Brown Shadow, Light Beige Shadow, and the ever important brow pencil :)


Next Blog, will be about the all important lipstick, and the shades to be worn this winter! 


Keep Following/Reading!


Alexandra Louise

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment