Me Blog Photo Reel Sweet Nothings Ask Me Get in Touch

October's Glossybox!x



I have recently subscribed to Glossybox, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to add more items to my kit (obsession) and to explore the beauty world in greater depths. It also gives me the opportunity to be a 'beauty blogger' bringing my wisdom of makeup, hair and beauty products to my readers :)

Every box I recieve I will be doing a montlhy blog on, which will include my personal review on each item within the box, recommending where I feel appt! I hope you enjoy the read and maybe find yourselves purchasing some of the items I recommend :)

Items within this months GlossyBox...



This product wasn't suited to my skin, I have normal skin, and this specifies that it is for combination skin, at the time of use aswell I had quite dry skin as I had just got back from holiday!...holiday blues :( Having said this, once I applied quite alot my skin did feel extremely smooth, and it was great under my makeup! Although it is quite expensive to be using excessive amounts to achieve what you can with a normal moisturiser. It smelt lovely, very fresh, it smelt good for your skin! I think if I had oily combination skin it would be a good purchase, but i think for the time being I will be sticking with my Garnier Rose Essentials <3 


This product was a lot more suited to my skin, it was a creamy product that went onto the skin nicely, and sat very naturally under my makeup! It was light but did the job, although with it containing SPF I wouldn't recommend especially if you were intending on having photographs taken, as the SPF contains light reflective minerals that will make you look paler than you are! Not ideal...But for during the day its a perfect product! It gives a nice, dewy glow and youthful appearance. I wouldn't hesitate recommending! 


I have never been a fan of the cheek/lip tint. You instantly loose that ability to blend the products, which ultimately gives you that flawless look! Once applied to the skin you dont have much working time, to move the product around if any at all, as it stains the skin you put it on! I know this is given away in the name of it 'tint' but Im not sure its a beneficial trait for a makeup product to have, when the idea of makeup is to look seamless on a persons face. I wouldnt completely rule it out, as you could attempt mixing the tint with one of your cream based products, either a lipstick, or a blusher to intensify the colour, as the pigmentation of this product is second to none. Mixing with your lipstick or cream blusher will add depth to your chosen medium, but for now I feel this product won't be making its way into my kit :( Sorryyyy MeMeMe


For me, now that my tan has faded and I have regained my 'English rose' complexion, this just didn't suit my skin type! For those of you with the desired olive complexion I'm sure this would make a fine addition to your makeup kit! It felt extremely smooth when testing it on my hand, providing a light/medium coverage, I think it would be perfect applied over your daily/night time foundation! 


This was a pleasant surprise, as I expected it to be another one of these scents released by popstars to rob small children blind of their pocket money! But this is actually quite a nice scent, I wouldnt choose to wear it myself, but I think for teenagers making that transition from the lower end of the teens, say 13 ish to the mid teen stage of about 16 then this is a definite one to try and maybe pop on your christmas list :) I hope this has been insightful, and let me tell you I cannot wait for my next glossy box arrival, in the mean time keep if you have a blog topic you would like me to cover, feel free to get in touch or leave your comment below!! 


Lots of Love
Alex
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment