Me Blog Photo Reel Sweet Nothings Ask Me Get in Touch

Face Must Haves...





First of all, I don't know about you, but I have normal skin, which for the majority of the year is absolutely fine! However as winter approaches it dry's out, only slightly but when applying MakeUp it often doesn't quite give the finish I always aim to achieve...FLAWLESS, and this frustrates me! So first of all, a good moisturiser is an absolute necessity!


Now there is a few I would highly recommend:

My preferred of the above three is the garnier rose water, its light, suits all skin types, and from home bargains its a steal at £2.99 :) It also and most importantly provides a great base to apply your MakeUp onto.


Each of these products have other products within their range for the different skin types, for those of you with Oily skin (your skin will be brilliant during winter), or Dry Skin (you may need a very intense moisturiser) the 3 I have mentioned above will all cater for your needs! They all smell great, and more importantly do a fabulous job of looking after your skin, in the cold winter months :)


Apply before putting your foundation on, OR combine your foundation with your chosen moisturiser, for a very natural coverage! Which in the winter, and during the day I opt for anyway! MakeUp that looks inches thick is NOT attractive...avoid this look at all costs! 


Now for the foundation, I'm a big believer in less is more! Especially during the day, more is more becomes slightly more acceptable and necessary when we are making the transformation from day MakeUp to Night time MakeUp!


At present 'BB cream' is a huge success! I personally use the Garnier BB cream, which is lovely and light, and provides quite a dewy, medium coverage!

If I was going to apply my foundation, I would mix it with one of the above moisturisers, the foundation I use is a MAC Studio Fix, which provides full coverage for a night out, but still doesn't look too heavy, so combined with a moisturiser, gives a lovely natural looking finish, which is perfect for wearing during the day!


I have also whilst shopping around come across another brand of foundation, which is just like the MAC studio fix, only a little lighter, meaning less coverage for the daytime look..The brand is Fashionista, which at the moment is reduced from £12 to £3 BARGAIN, they have a wide variety of products in their range, and they provide great quality for only a fraction of MACs cost, always a winner :)


For those of you that prefer using powders instead of foundations! Which sometimes for speed, I also use instead, I would 100% recommend the MAC mineralize Powder, use it either on its own, for a lovely light, yet flawless finish, or set your foundation with it, this will not pack your foundation out, making it look like you have a lot of MakeUp on, it will just take any unwanted shine out of the skin, and give you an all over beautiful, flawless look..also fab for contouring (future blog to contain information on contouring, watch this space)


With regards to brushes, I have a variety of different face brushes, all bringing different qualities that assist, and enhance the application of the face MakeUp.
I use different brushes to apply foundations with, but one brush in particular that I couldn't live without, is theMAC stipple brush, number 187, this brush enables a full, flawlessfacial coverage. It can also be used to apply face and cheek powders.

Crown Brushes are a new favourite of mine and they do the exact same brush for a fraction of the cost, of the same quality!! A smaller version of this brush is also available on both MAC and Crown Brushes websites. 


This YSL touche eclait is another must have, its not necessarily a day to day essential, but can easily be made into one, if you have dark circles under the eye, or if you want to highlight certain areas of the face! My ultimate brush for applying concealer, and it now also gets used for pretty much every aspect of makeup I do is the...The flawless concealer brush from ELF...great for creamy based product application, and also for blending powders :)


Next Blog to contain 5 Must have Cheek Products...These are my 5 must have face products, every single one of them, on their own or combined will enhance your natural beauty, showing that MakeUp really is Beauty's Key Accessory...


Keep Reading,


Alexandra Louise

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment